Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mental Enhancement Is Code for Rebellion

This paper describes mental enhancement as containing the drugs I've been lectured against since elementary school.  It seems to imply that some people believe these illegal substances (that are illegal for a reason) actually increase mental faculty and benefit the person.

Slam... slam... slam...

That was my head, against my desk.

Alcohol, PCP, shrooms... they all do something bad to your body.  Now, not having a druggie connection, I can't tell you first hand or second hand what these things do to you.  Taking shrooms (which is short for mushrooms, which I did not know) for an example of a hallucogin, I Googled "benefits of shrooms" and stumbled across The Invisible Landscape as an example of someone who supposedly believes these things are good.  And now I'm scared that these people do actually exist.

Obviously, drugs are a bad thing.  Why?  As a form of mental enhancement, they do an awful job at making you actually smarter.  After reflecting on my innate mental capacity due to my lack of shroom-ness, I realized that I too have an equivalent mental enhancer.  Although it does seem to be less effective, I like to believe that someday, I might develop just as much as the people who use hallucogins.  SCHOOL.

However, I don't believe that the paper meant to encourage the use of such substances, but rather to merely state that some people believe that they make you more creative.  People who say this sort of thing are obviously trying to justify doing what every cell of their body screams against.  Hence, rebellion is shrouded by the mysticism of MENTAL ENHANCEMENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment